January 7, 2015

Wednesday Wisdom No. 1

pooh bearUpon the completion of a semester-long journalism course, I came to the conclusion that the field was decidedly not for me.  It wasn't the actual interview process that discouraged me from further exploration - certainly the concept was a bit intimidating, but that was a hump I felt I could overcome.  Nor was it the written aspect that turned me off - for the most part I enjoy writing.

In fact...it was the content.  Sadly, this world we live in isn't as it should be.  And it seems this fact is nowhere more evident than in the sensationalized news cranked out by much of today's media.  Downplaying the importance or ignoring the reality of such things is certainly not my intent, but wouldn't we all just rather read something else?  Something encouraging?  Perhaps it's a clean, clever bit of humor to brighten your day.  Perhaps it's a skillful poem or fanciful story that conjures up memories from your childhood.  Or perhaps it's an encouraging Scripture verse reminding you of God's faithfulness or His mercy.    

Quite simply, I've dubbed this day of the week "Wednesday Wisdom" - that is, unless or until I come up with something better...

So without further ado, today's profound tidbit comes from the one and only Pooh Bear (whom I am sure sure will pop in for another visit before long): 

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ~ A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh 

No comments:

Post a Comment