January 31, 2015

A-Z Macro: N is for Nose...O is for Oil (+Water)

nose
oil + water

If you were curious about yesterday's unusual set-up, here are the results!  I had a lot of fun with this one. :)  Several years ago I borrowed a photography book from the library and spotted an intriguing project I've been wanting to experiment with ever since.  Like this tutorial, the materials are pretty straightforward - all you really need is some oil and water, a bowl or dish with a translucent surface (I used a clear baking pan), and a variety of bright, colorful fabrics or papers.  Although this time around most of my photographs turned out rather blurry (the light was fading fast and my camera doesn't do well under low-light conditions even with a tripod) I shall certainly try this again.  That's the beauty of experimentation, right? :) 

See a sampling of the other results here!

No comments:

Post a Comment