February 17, 2010

Valentine Sweets - Beautiful, Edible, Love - able!



Happy (late) Valentine's Day to everyone in blogland!



I was pleasantly surprised when I received some flowers from my parents! Some miniature roses and whitish-yellow lilies (they hadn't bloomed yet in the photograph.



A few days before Valentine's Day, I attempted to make some 'lacy chocolate hearts' to 'place daintily on little cupcakes.' In the Martha Stewart Living magazine, there was this really fantastic looking cupcake with a little chocolate heart on top. It looked relatively simple, so I decided to try it.



They worked relatively well, except that they began to melt after they were taken out of the fridge. There was a lot left over, so a made a ginormous chocolate heart!

This year for Valentine cards, I took some photographs of little plastic animals.



For my monkey/chimpanzee/gorilla loving little brother.



For my mom.



For my actually 'lego loving' brother, but he likes polar bears too.



For my 'used to want to be a herpetologist' brother.



For my dad.



Hope everyone had a day filled with Valentine Sweets!

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures. Those yummy-looking chocolate hearts are making me hungry :) And I love all the cute little animals.

    ReplyDelete